Why Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a Must-See

6/04/2017


Welcome back with a slightly different Show Sunday! I know what you're probably thinking, this isn't to do with any kind of theatre, but it is a show. A TV show!! An amazing one at that too! For the last few months I have been slowly watching all seven seasons. During this week I finally managed to finish it!! I don't know whether to celebrate or feel sad that it's over.  Luckily I've still got one episode of Angel to go, but what am I going to do after? At the moment I'm reading vampire novels to try and make up for it.

So here's the many reasons why Buffy is a phenomenal TV show:


Buffy is Badass


The main character kicks vampire butt and leads people. She gathers an amazing group of friends and accepts the kind and different for the mean-hearted.



A Variety of Supporting Characters 


The array of supporting characters is fantastic. It's impossible to pick a favourite! You've got Willow, the shy and intelligent one, Xander, the goofball, Giles, the mentor, Cordelia, superficial yet kind-hearted, Angel, the understanding brooder. More amazing characters appear later on, but I'll stick with those to avoid any spoilers. Season 1 already has a fantastic array of unique characters. There's something for everyone to relate to! The best thing? Yes these characters have some stereotypes at the beginning but as the TV show progresses they all colour over those lines and become in tune with who they are, all quirks included.



The Storylines Are Intricately Detailed 


Everyone has their own problems, and its so true in this series. We have quite a few characters, lots of love triangles to go through, different issues to tackle at once. All these issues are so emotional too, boy did I cry a lot during this series! Alternatively I'd find myself thinking, "Yes! That's exactly how I feel!" I constantly found myself sitting at the edge of my seat, there's no chance for boredom!



Acting Ability is Strong 


As I mentioned in my last point, Buffy the Vampire Slayer gets ultra emotional! All of the actors are incredibly talented, to portray so much emotion in such an intense way and make it seem so real? It's astounding.



So much love


If you're a regular on my blog then you'd know that love is a big passion of mine. Buffy the Vampire Slayer has so much of it, in many different forms. Romantic, unrequited, friendship, family, you name it! It pleases me muchly.



All Things Demon and Witchy Rock


I don't think anyone would disagree with me when I say that having magical powers to fight the evils in our world would be wonderful. Seeing all this power being used for good is truly a blessing. Aside from that, there's just something so enticing about the supernatural! Ever since I started watching Buffy I've had an urge to dress in dark, flowing dresses and cast spells.And who knows? It all may be real! These ideas about vampires has to come from somewhere.



Gotta Love the 90s


Look at the costumes, the nineties hair and minimal makeup! Listen to the rock music, and the beautiful underscore. Seeing a 90s world makes me feel so nostalgic. I mean, there's even an episode where the scooby gang have a movie night, with videotapes! Who remembers VHS? It feels an age ago now.



It's Real


Supernatural worlds and creatures aside, the issues addressed in Buffy the Vampire Slayer are so realistic and relatable! Buffy is The Slayer, the chosen one, but she just wants a normal life. Saving the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows, at times it's incredibly hard, and stressful! While the supernatural world goes on, the normal world also carries on, creating it's own struggles that can't be helped.



Cheesy and Relatable Lines


Last but not least is the writing. There are so many sassy comebacks, or meaningful conversations that feel like words you would've spoken. It's truly inspiring.

Here's one of my favourite conversations in the series:

"I'm cookie dough. I'm not done baking. I'm not finished becoming whatever the hell it is I'm gonna turn out to be. I make it through this, and the next thing, and the next thing and... Maybe one day I turn around and realise I'm ready, I'm cookies!"



Hopefully that should've quenched my Buffy the Vampire Slayer cravings for now. I'm getting serious withdrawal symptoms! Now let me know, have you seen Buffy? What did you think, or are you still waiting to watch it? Also, did you notice season 2 Buffy being a creepster in my photo? Comment down below!


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. One of my all time favorite tv shows! Now I want to go watch one... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you love it too! Tell me what episode you watch if you do! :)

      Delete
    2. I actually rewatched School Hard from season 2 - so much fun! :)

      Delete
    3. Fab! :D I'll probably rewatch the end of season 6 at some point. I LOVE it!! :D

      I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete

Subscribe